Attorney Melora G. Vandersluis has been a resident of Central Florida for ten years. She graduated cum laude from Barry University School of Law where she earned the distinction of "Outstanding Senior Editor" on Law Review and competed nationally while on the Moot Court Honors Board. She was awarded the highest grade in Torts I, Torts II, and Mediation. She completed an externship in federal court with The Honorable John Antoon II.
Prior to attending law school, she served in Higher Education for fifteen years as an English professor, department chair, and associate dean. Her work in university administration included strategic planning, personnel management, contract review, and compliance & control. She has published a number of articles, book chapters, and reviews.
Attorney Vandersluis currently serves in the Estate Planning Department at Vollrath Law, P.A. She and her husband have three children.
- Barry University School of Law, Orlando, Florida
- University of New Mexico
- Major: English
- Major: French
- University of Iowa
- Major: English Education
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Major: Literature & Critical Theory
- Florida, 2020
- District of Columbia, 2021
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida--Complex Business Court
Current Employment Position
- Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy, Member, Present
- City, County, and Local Government Law, Member, Present
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law, Member, Present
- Outstanding Senior Editor--Law Review
- Moot Court Honors Board
- Book Awards in Torts I, Torts II, and Mediation
- Professor of the Year
- Directory of American Scholars
- Personal and Political Transformation in the Texts of Jane Austen, Edwin Mellen Press